- Inicio: 01/09/2016
- Fin: 30/06/2019
AIMEN leads the development of a multifunctional co-axial in-process quality assurance system, based on the embedded multimodal spectral device technology developed in the MAShES project.
ModuLase aims to develop, validate & demonstrate a rapidly re-configurable laser process head that:
- Is capable of welding, cladding and cutting, through the use of three modular end-effectors
- Includes intelligent sensor technologies for in-process monitoring
- Is linked to an intelligent system, in order to achieve adaptive process control, quality assurance, and semi-automated process parameter configuration.
The ModuLase project aims to develop, validate and demonstrate an adaptable laser process head, capable of welding, cladding and cutting, to increase the flexibility of laser systems. This will be achieved through the use of a Beam Forming Unit (BFU) and modular end-effectors (akin to changing a computer numerical control (CNC) machining tool). The project will focus on materials and geometries for high value manufacturing applications in the power, automotive and aerospace sectors. The ModuLase system will also include intelligent sensor technologies to support adaptive process control and quality assurance.
**This Project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement nº 723945. The dissemination of results herein reflects only the author's view and the European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- Sectores: Automoción, Aeronáutico, Energético, Automotive, Aeronautical, Energy
- Programa de financiación: HORIZONTE 2020
- I+D+i: Procesos asistidos por láser, Laser assisted processing
- Líder: TWI
- Socios: EWF, GRAHAM ENGINEERING, Q-Sys, SODECIA, ULO Optics, AIMEN Centro Tecnológico
- Acrónimo: MODULASE
- Ámbito: Internacional