- Start: 01/06/2020
- End: 31/05/2023
The Joint Research Unit F4ctorIA, between GKN DRIVELINE Vigo and AIMEN Technology Center involves the reinforcement and consolidation of the company's research strategy, started more than 15 years ago, and which aims to make the Vigo plant the worldwide reference supplier of constant velocity joints and transmission components for automotive industry.
The main objective pursued in F4ctorIA is to develop and deploy advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to support the operator for the optimization of manufacturing processes, quality assurance of manufactured products and early detection of machine deterioration.
These technologies aim to improve:
1. Reliability of manufacturing processes
2. Production planning
3. The final quality of the product
4. Knowledge of the production processes themselves
5. Training, qualification and effectiveness of operators
6. The maintenance times and costs of the machinery park
To this end, the following areas of research will be addressed:
Digitization of the factory for the validation and deployment of AI technologies,
AI applied to robotic systems,
AI applied to quality control and,
AI applied to process optimization and advanced maintenance.
- Sectors: Automotive, Shipbuilding, Metal mechanical, Food Industry, Metal
- Financing programme: AYUDAS A ORGANISMOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN DE GALICIA PARA LA CREACIÓN, PUESTA EN MARCHA E IMPULSO DE UNIDADES MIXTAS DE INVESTIGACIÓN
- R&D&i: Integrated monitoring and control systems, Robotics for logistics, Flexible manufacturing cells
- Leader: GKN Driveline Vigo
- Partners: AIMEN Centro Tecnológico
- Acronym: F4CTORIA
- Ambit: Regional